Your privacy and security is very important to us at www.translatedock.com. This policy explains how we collect and manage your personal information as well as the rights that you have regarding this personal information.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data from you if you have engaged with any of the team, set up an account with us or otherwise enquired about any of our translation services. We collect this information when you submit information to us by using the contact form on the website or when you set up an account with us. The team may also take some of your information if you contact us via telephone or email.
What information is collected
The information that you submit to us when you create an account with us or use the contact form includes your name, surname, email address, phone number, as well as any information regarding our services which you have expressed an interest in. when you submit this information in this way then you give your consent for us to have access to your information.
This personal information that you submit to us is only shared within the team and on occasion with a third party such as a translator that has been sub-contracted.
The team may contact you with marketing information but you have the choice to opt-out of any of these email communications.
What do we do with your personal data
Your data is held securely and we will not share or otherwise give your information to anyone else without your prior consent. We will retain access to some of your personal data which will be held securely on our databases for a period of five years.
All of the data we hold is processed and stored with software that is secure. We will keep and use this information only as is necessary to be able to provide you with our products and services as well as comply with any legal obligations, resolve any disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Cookies are small text files that are saved to your computer’s hard drive when you visit a particular website. They save and retrieve information about your website visit including the ways in which you interacted with the website. This information allows the website to then give you a tailored experience should you return to use it again.
Keeping your information safe and secure is very important to us. We take all measures to ensure security however we will not be responsible for any breaches in data instances where there has been a breach or a fault.
Your rights regarding data
Under current data protection laws you have the following rights regarding your data:
- Right to erasure (be forgotten): An individual may request that an organization delete all data on that individual without undue delay.
- Right to object: An individual may prohibit certain data uses.
- Right to rectification: Individuals may request that incomplete data be completed or that incorrect data be corrected.
- Right of access: Individuals have the right to know what data about them is being processed and how.
- Right of portability: Individuals may request that personal data held by one organization be transported to another.
- Right to restrict processing: Individuals have the right to request the restriction or suppression of their personal data.
- Rights related to an automated decision: You have the right to object to automated decisions where someone (usually a Data Controller) is using your personal information in a computerized model or algorithm to make decisions “that have a legal effect on you”.